Internal medicine physicians (or internists) are experts at treating patients with complex medical problems. They also provide a complete range of general internal medical care, including the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses, gynecological care, urgent care, and minor procedures. Some of the services we offer are:
- Physical Exams
- Gynecological care, including Pap smears and family planning
- Cancer prevention and screening
- Healthy lifestyle management, including smoking cessation, heart disease prevention, weight management, and osteoporosis prevention.
Routine Office Visits
- Mild injury care (sprains, strains, cuts, and bruises)
- Management of complex, ongoing disorders such as heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, and diabetes
- Acute care
Referrals to Specialists
Image & Ancillary Service
- On-site x-ray and Lab
- Exercise Stress Testing
No matter what your adult healthcare needs, the physicians at Matthews Internal Medicine are committed to providing you with quality, patient-centered services and the resources you need to make confident, informed decisions about your care.